Our families have been farming for over 100 years. Even in the old days farmers occasionally worked off the farm. Our grandfathers worked on road crews to build the roads in Waupaca County. The Rogers switched from dairy farming to beef in the mid 1980's, turning to direct marketing to the consumer in 1996 with quarters and halves.
In August of 2000 we became state inspected and licensed to sell our farm-raised beef and pork by individual packages from our farm and farmers markets. All of our meat is cut, wrapped, weighed and processed by a professional dedicated butcher, Adams Meats in Marion WI.
In 2001 we doubled the size of our farm store, going from 2 freezers to 4 and from 77-sq. ft. to 210 sq. ft.
We currently have 3 generations of Rogers working the farm. Our daughters help with the year round farmers markets that we attend regularly in the fox valley.
Our goal is to provide our customers with the best tasting and tenderest beef and pork we can. We have researched this by both asking our butcher questions and attending workshops and conferences where we can learn from the speakers and other farmers. There are many breeds of beef cattle and many ways to feed and raise them.
AT VENNEFORD BEEF FARM WE PRIMARILY RAISE
* Hereford beef is the # 1 meat of choice by restaurants in the USA for 1997-1999.
* Hereford beef is the "best supermarket beef in America" for 1998-1999.
* Hereford beef tops USDA select and choice in research by Colorado State University scientists and USDA Meat Grading Service for tenderness, juiciness, flavor & palatability 1991-1993.
* Herefords are a very gentle, mild tempered animal. Not high strung and Not easily stressed.
* Herefords work well with human contact.