What is a Chamber of Commerce?
What we are...
We are an organization of more than three hundred businesses and professional men
and women who have joined together to work for the solution of our mutual business and
community problems. By working with others, small business people can have the clout to get
things done, We work to preserve our business system and promote and manage business
growth and development. In other words, we are the community's Department of Progress!
What we're not
Our Chamber is not a part of the city, county or state government, a political party or function,
a civic or social club or welfare agency.
How we operate…
As a member, you will elect a Board of Directors who will determine policy and
program. Together you and the Board will provide manpower and finances to address those
areas of concern as determined by you and other members. Committees will recommend policy
and program and carry out policies and projects approved by the Board. The staff will provide
advisory, technical, research and clerical assistance.
1. You help the Chamber assure that the economic, social and political needs of
the community are being met.
2. You get 2 free advertisements in newsletter per year, plus membership labels!
3. You gain another pair of eyes. Eyes of specialized observers to maintain a
watch on legislation which affects everyone in our community; watching to be sure
the "quality of life" of Princeton and Mercer County is maintained.
4. You gain a strong, unified voice to present your views on legislation, taxes,
employment, trade and other issues.
5. You gain another pair of hands doing research, preparing letters, developing
information and telling the story of your market.
6. You gain an additional sales office. We tell the real story of our community.
We sell the facts and figures. A new business partner.
We urge all members to join committees and get involved. We urge members to
respond to our calls for assistance, whether it be for projects,' ideas, or news articles. We urge all
members to support other Chamber members, i.e., shopping at their business establishments or
recommending them to visitors, etc.
Over and over again…
The Chamber has proven that by working together, we are all better. We bring
together the forces of economic, industrial, small business, community and tourism
development under one roof.