New Richmond Heritage Days

Marcus Sears Bell House photo

The New Richmond Preservation Society was chartered in 1982 to preserve the history of New Richmond and the surrounding area. The Society owns and operates the Heritage Center on the south side of New Richmond on land once part of the Bell farm. Pictured above is the Marcus Sears Bell Farmstead, an 1884 Italianate style farmhouse which serves as the centerpiece of the Center. Located on the property are 9 other buildings which house historic displays and facilities for educational tours. One of them, the Camp Nine School, is visible in the background of the photo.

Each autumn the Society sponsors New Richmond Heritage Days. The 1998 festival began on September 25th and climaxed with a full day of activities on September 28th. Over 2,000 people visited the Center on Sunday this year.

To see a few of the people who helped make this year's Heritage Days a success, click on any of the photos below.

Tia and Mary thumbnail

This page includes photos of a few of the people who helped supply food for visitors.

Bob Becker thumbnail

About 30 exhibitors offered wares for young and old. Here are three of them.

Don and Pearl thumbnail

There were demonstrations of many traditional arts and crafts. Here are a couple.

Bob Heebink thumbnail

The Agriculture Pavilion was filled with demonstrations and other activities.

Jeannette thumbnail

Step into an historic building on this page.

Jerri thumbnail

Many volunteers and some visitors come in costume. Here are three of the volunteers.

C & J's Home Page

New Richmond Photos

1999 Heritage Days

2000 Heritage Days