1855 New York State Census
First New York State census to list all names of members of the family. Asked for a County if born in New York State. Also asked how long each person has lived in this town.
POPULATION. Census of the Inhabitants in the (blank space) Election District of the (blank space) of (blank space) in the County of (blank space) taken by me on the (blank space) day of June 1855.
(blank space for name) Marshal.
- Dwellings numbered in the order of visitation.
- Of what material built.
- Families numbered in the order of their visitation.
- Name of every Person whose usual place of abode on the first day of June was in this family.
- Color: Whether black or mulatto.
- Relation to the head of the family.
- In what county of this State or in what other State or Foreign Country born.
- Years resided in this city or town.
- Profession, Trade or Occupation.
- VOTERS- Native.
- VOTERS- Naturalized.
- Persons of color not taxed.
- Persons over 21 years who cannot read and write.
- Owners of land.
- Deaf, Dumb, Blind, Insane or Idiot.
Back to NY State Census
on 7 Sept. 1996